Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How to quit a miserable job

I worked at one of those "themed" restaurants once. Not for long. I should have seen the signs: character sketch required upon hire, ALL other staff members were actors (not me, I assure you), required dance routines, overpriced cheeseburgers, etc.

I woke up one morning, and thought to myself: "Do I REALLY want to go to work today?" The answer being "no," I called in. Originally intending to call in sick, I came up with something more true to my feelings.

I still don't know who answered the phone. I think it may have been one of the line cooks.

"I'm not coming to work today, or ever again, because I'd rather be hit by a bus."

Boy did I mean it.

Had I been more enterprising in my college years, I would have documented everything wrong with the operation and written a scathing letter to corporate or something like this.

Good luck, sister!!

8/11 UPDATE: Turns out, this was a HOAX. Boo...I was so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment