Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lego EXTREME

I was a Lego *junkie* as a kid. I constructed everything I could possibly construct: tanks, buildings, robots, cityscapes, EVERYTHING. I must have had 20 buckets of random Legos.

But as time wore on, the Lego sets became more and more restrictive. You MUST construct this Star Wars vehicle, or you MUST construct that Barbie themes house. They remain that way. Where is the creative impulse? I'm sure that reading instructions is a valuable life skill, but where's the encouragement for kids to create what they envision all by themselves?

Well, an English artist took my 5-year-old construction plans to a new level. Creating a Lego house was always a dream of mine, especially having to listen to my parents complaining about home-ownership and mortgages, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment