Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tragedy in the tattoo parlor (kinda NSFW)

I am HEAVILY tattooed. So much so that I wear long sleeves and pants in 120 degree weather to hide it from my job. (Although, they all *know* about it...) In almost 15 years of being tattooed, I have had my fair share of secret shames. Most of which I have paid a premium to have covered by less shameful designs.

Confession time: my secret shame is the Dave Matthews Band "fire dancer." I got it when I was 16, it's on my left hip, it's freaking terrible, but mercifully tiny. I've resisted the urge to have it covered. Mostly because there's only 2 people that see it (me and my sweetheart), and also because it speaks to my 16-year-old self. There was a reason I had that tattooed on me. (Hell if I can remember what it was....)

But there are others with exponentially more inexplicable tattoos than I. I wonder what it'll look like when the hair grows back...eew.

No comments:

Post a Comment