Monday, November 29, 2010

Tragic, totally tragic

I'm not much of a feminist. I'm a strong, attitude-y woman, driven to success (which, I'm told, makes me a "bitch"), with goals and aspirations. I don't believe that women can do everything that men can do, but it *DO* believe that I can do everything men can do.

I'm low-maintenence, self-sufficient, smart, creative, and competent. Additionally, I have more tools than most guys I know. (Except the guys in my motorcycle club.)

So why does Maxim magazine seek to take all of my good qualities away from me? All the things that make me attractive (aside from my boobs), are apparently "no good" for the average man. I guess men need to pretend they care about what I think is important, and buy me things in order to make me abandon my drive for success and self-sufficiency.

How is being a feminist something that needs to be "cured"? I'm disgusted. Completely disgusted. I think that being an insipid, orange, plastic debutant is something that needs to be "cured" far more than being independent and driven.

Click the link to read the article. Vomit.


No comments:

Post a Comment