Thursday, November 11, 2010

War in six words

This one's in honor of all the brave men and women who have served in the military, preserving and protecting my freedom to bitch about stupid stuff on the Internet, keep a shotgun to protect myself from Memphis, and elect the people who make big decisions on my behalf. Happy Veterans Day. I'm a proud American not because of government or obligation, but because of people who give up their freedom to defend mine. They are braver than I.

Smith Magazine has started a "6-Word-Memoir" project. A division of the project focuses on veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Some items are silly, others are powerful. It's really amazing how much you can convey in only 6 words.

As you read these, think of someone you know who's sacrificed for you, and remember without them, there would be no "us."


No comments:

Post a Comment