Friday, December 31, 2010

Adios 2010!!

Out with the old, and in with the new. 2010 was a rough year for me: non-stop career insecurity, total destruction of family relationships, the amazingly bad end to what I thought was going to be a life-long romantic relationship. 2010 can freaking bite it, so far as I'm concerned.

But with the new year just hours away, I have a positive outlook on 2011. I know what I want and need from 2011, and I'm going to get it. I have great friends I'm planning to see, and a good man I'm planning to smooch at midnight. For good luck, naturally.

So where did that tradition come from? Where did my intense superstition about being smooched at 12am on January 1 originate? Turns out, I'm not alone. There is a specific, scientific answer. While this superstition has no basis in reality, I'm looking forward to participating.


No comments:

Post a Comment