Sunday, March 27, 2011

Holy house

Being a homeowner has been a non-stop roller coaster. From the joy of knowing I will always have a place to live, no matter what happens, to the abject horror of watching my dining room ceiling come crashing down and realizing I have no landlord to call about it.

I've always had a fantasy about buying a gas station or commercial building and rehabbing it into a single family home. But after getting in to my house (4 years ago) and discovering how much I dislike even painting walls, that dream has flown. Plus rehabbing is expensive! Just taking out a wall cost me like 10 car payments.

Well, these folks are clearly better off than I. And more dedicated and ambitious. They took a church and turned it into a striking, modern abode. I'm totally J...


No comments:

Post a Comment