Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Get your priotities straight.

I definitely need to take my own advice. I own a car I can hardly afford, I motorcycle I can't pay to fix, and tons of *stuff* I don't actually need. In fact, I have an "office" full of boxes I haven't unpacked in almost 5 years. Maybe more.

The economy sucks, the job market's worse, kids are killing each other, and I can't live without my damn iPhone. What's wrong with this picture? Not claiming by any means that I'm on the verge of an estate sale and a downsize to a cardboard box, but there are some things I (and you) need to think about a little more.

Artist Erin Hanson gives us some graphic insight into our collective excess. Remember as you look at these, that there are millions of folks with no iPhone, no Internet, no food, and no hope. If you're reading this, you have it good. And as I'm writing this, I understand that I have NO room to bitch. I'm employed, housed, and healthy. Internet access, freedom to express my opinion, and a forum in which to do it. Consider what you want and what you need, and make good choices. It's only fair.







No comments:

Post a Comment